Last Updated: 3月16日
Changes in this release
Setup Pages (wireless changes in Wireless section below):
- Implemented security button on protected setup page. Button now toggles between standard, secure, and DoD secure modes.
- There is a new button on the audio page for a new feature called a docking tone. When the panel is properly placed on the cradle (i.e. panel is docked pop-up appears) a tone will now play. The button is to enable/disable this feature.
- Added info buttons on audio, wireless settings, and site survey pages to better help users with features.
- Added Device Name field below Device Number on protected setup page to allow the naming of the panel. There is also a Synchronize button on this page to synchronize all names on the panel (i.e. hostname, G4 Web Control® Name, etc) to this name. This will allow the panel to have one name no matter how it is accessed.
- Added ability to select audio tone for button hit/miss. There are now 10 tones shipped with the panel. Dealer can customize these tones by putting a "customSingle.wav" and/or "customDouble.wav" file in the resources of the user pages.
- Battery level changes color between charge and discharge states.
- Panel information page will now show RAM available as well as total RAM.
- New button added to main setup page to allow disabling display timeout when on external power.
- Shutdown button added to protected setup page. Panel must be running on batteries for this to be enabled. If on external power the button will be grayed out.
- Can now configure number of G4 Web Control users to 1, 2, or 3. Default remains 1.
- Panels now properly report their hostname to the DHCP/DNS servers. Can now be accessed by hostname on the network.
- DHCP will no longer timeout. It will continuously try to pull an IP address from the DHCP server.
- QoS (Quality of Service) bits are now being set for packetized voice data. For networks that support this feature voice data will be given priority over other packets.
- Replaced "release dhcp" telnet command with "renew dhcp". The renew will release and then renew the IP address.
- Icon has been added to setup pages to identify how panel is connected to the master. A wireless icon or USB icon will be displayed.
- Fixed WPA reauthentication issues.
- Added new roaming mode "averaged". See info button on wireless page for details/explanation of roaming modes.
- Fixed wireless lockups when in roaming mode and in a noisy environment where there are a lot of retries of packets and wireless scans take a long time to complete.
- Fix for Japan country code
- Added ability to disable one group of channels so they aren't scanned by the card. This will prevent the card from scanning channels where there are no WAPs. If activated the card will skip these channels when searching for access points. This is effective whether roaming is enabled or not.
- Can now specify key renewal time for EAP/FAST without requiring a reboot.
- Significantly modified Wireless page for easier use. Now two modes: Simple and Enterprise. Context sensitive fields show which fields are required entries.
- No more "Excellent", "Very Good", etc for signal strength. Actual signal strength in dBm as reported by the wireless card is now displayed and updated every 2s. Bar graph representing signal strength (similar to cell phone) is now also shown.
- Changes to the wireless settings page will take affect immediately with no reboot required.
- Primary DNS, secondary DNS, domain names will now populate on the setup page.
- Lots of wireless stability added to resolve some lingering lockup issues.
- Roaming algorithms greatly improved to increase speed of roaming and to increase resiliency and robustness of roaming.
- Removed pass phrase generation from wireless security pages.
- Site survey page will now display security types much quicker for all WAPs detected.
- Entry placed in panel logs when panel switches WAPs.
- Fixed memory leaks introduced in earlier builds.
- Fixed firmware download timeout on USB port.
- Resolved possibility of compact flash corruption after a firmware upgrade or when power is pulled due to low battery.
- Fixed issue that prevented "Panel Docked" message from showing on panel during occasional docking in the cradle.
- Fixed crash with heavy Flash/Cache usage.
- Boot time decreased by 40%.
- Added rudimentary diagnostics mode. If panel locks up can access with a hold of top left and bottom left buttons for 3s. Front LED will blink 3 times to indicate diag mode is active. Pressing lower left button will disable diag mode and flash LED 3 times to indicate inactive. When in this mode each touch and button press will blink LED. Center joystick button will force panel shutdown. A good way of rebooting without having to pull batteries.
- Blinking dot added to boot up screen (where AMX logo is shown) to indicate activity and that boot up is in progress.
- Splash screen added after first boot following a firmware upgrade. Splash screen text is "Firmware upgrade in progress, please wait". After new firmware is installed panel will reboot again to normal AMX logo.
- Added ability for dealers to customize the boot splash screen with their company logo or other image. Logo must be same resolution as panel. If "custom_logo.jpg" is found in the user pages (added to resources of user pages in TPDesign) then panel will display that image. After AMX logo is displayed for a few seconds the new logo will be displayed. This gives dealers a way of branding the panel to their dealership.
- Default device number of shipping panels will be 0 (pulls a dynamic device number from the master). This will not affect device numbers of existing panels that upgrade to this firmware.
- Fixed loss of calibration issue at startup that randomly occurred. Also, in the event this does ever occur again the panel will detect it and notify the user that touch information has been lost. Touching the screen will take it directly to the calibration page.
- Panel will send string to the master each time someone connects or disconnects to the panel using G4 Web Control. The IP address of the user is included in the string. Strings sent are:
- G4 Web Control <ip addr> Start
- G4 Web Control <ip addr> End
- Fixed feedback issue with channels above 255.
- Fixed issue with 8-bit mono wav files and distorted playback of mp3 files.
- Get IP and Set IP commands now working correctly from telnet.
- Added ability to sanitize a touch panel for removal from a secure environment. This will render the panel dead and will require that the panel be shipped back to AMX for programming. AMX will charge for this service.
- Added support for marquis buttons.
- User names and passwords are now cleared on "reset system settings"
- Fixed ^VKS issue with certain keystrokes (enter, ctl, alt, shift)
- Fixed issue with reporting of levels to the master if the panel pages have a lot of levels on them.
- Fixed many dynamic image problems.
- Changed minimum pulse time for AMX IR to 300ms.
- Panel will now send string to master when shutdown occurs due to battery too low or battery shutdown timer occurs (i.e. no activity).
- "Shutdown - battery timeout"
- "Shutdown - battery low"
- When downgrading from 2.86.xx or later to a version of 2.85.xx or earlier a reset of the system settings is required.
- When connecting to the panel via USB (i.e. firmware transfer, panel file download, telnet, etc) the cable should be disconnected *before* a reboot. If it is still connected there is a small possibility that the panel will boot and detect a USB issue and reboot again. This reboot cycle will continue, never leaving the splash screen, until the panel is power cycled or shutdown. This is not a new problem. It has been an issue with the manufacturers USB driver for many years. However, previously the panel would just hang on the splash screen and the panel would require a power cycle. Because we have made things more robust we now try to reboot the panel whereas before we did not. Thus, the error does not get cleared and the reboots continue. A simple power cycle or shutdown using the external buttons (new feature in this release) will clear this issue.
New Commands (see documentation for format of commands -- not applicable to all panels):
- Added command for reading/writing motion sensor enable.
- Added command for reading/writing light sensor enable.
- Added command to read MAC address.
- Added command to enable reporting of touch values (x/y coordinates). When enabled panel will report touch/release with coordinates.
- Added command to read/write the panel's display timeout.
- Added command to read/write the panels' display brightness.
- Added command to read/write the mute state of the panel.
- Added command to read/write the panel's master volume.
- Added command to read/write the panel's battery shutdown timeout.
- Added command to read the charging status.
- Added command to retrieve wireless info (WAP MAC, SSID, channel, signal level).
- Added command to read the battery base version.