Last Updated: Mar 16
- TPDesign4 v3.3 build 674 or later, with G4 Support Files version 3.3.58 or later
- Intercom module v1.9 or later (if using with Intercom)
- SIP module 2.11 or later (if using with SIP)
Changes in This Release:
- Fix for hostname persistence when using static IP configurations on an MST-431 and MSD-431.
- Added User-Agent field in HTTP headers for dynamic image downloads to support servers that require it.
- Migrated to Dropbear SSH 2016.74 to address the following related vulnerabilities; CVE-2016-7406 CVE-2016-7407 CVE-2016-7408 CVE-2016-7409.
- Added fix for the Ping Command security issue.
- Decreased the time for the Subpage scrolling to stop at its anchor
- Fixed issue where the panel would either lockup or reboot due a memory leak and poor graphics memory management.
- Fixed issue where the panel would reboot when the Computer Control window is set to scaled to fit.
Addressed common Vulnerabilities and exposures list:
- CVE-2012-0920, CVE-2013-4421, CVE-2013-4434, CVE-2015-7547 CVE-2016-7406
- CVE-2016-7407, CVE-2016-7408, CVE-2016-7409
- It is possible on some panels for the device's MAC address to get lost or corrupted. If this happens, the device will automatically generate a random MAC address. This address is not guaranteed to a Globally Unique Identifier(GUI), but it will not conflict with any non-AMX devices. If the device is having connectivity issues, it is recommended that the "check eeprom" command be run from a telnet session. This command will check the MAC address, and give the user the option to fix it.
- The following streaming video modes are supported for the 7" Modero S Touch Panels: MPEG2 video and MP2/MP3 audio over MPEG2 Transport Streams (from MAX-CSE or Vision2 Server), H.264 video and AAC audio over MPEG2 Transport Streams (from MXA-MPL or Vision2 Server), and Motion JPEG over HTTP. 3rd Party MPEG2 and H.264 encoders have not been tested, are not supported by AMX, and may or may not work. Please see the Modero S Programming Guide for more detailed recommendations on video configuration.
- The following streaming video modes are supported for the 4.3" Modero S Touch Panels: Motion JPEG over HTTP
- Streaming Video/audio performance can depend on multiple factors, like: downscaling ratio, network bandwidth, network congestion, other simultaneous panel activities, stream characteristics (bit rate, encoding method), etc. There is no buffering on the panel for video streams (though there is a small latency), so any anomaly in the network can result in a visible (or audible) glitch. To help improve performance in challenging environments, consider reducing the resolution of the content (480p is recommended), reducing the bit rate of the stream, reducing the downscaling ratio, and preserving the aspect ratio.
- For any type of streaming video, there could be a 1-3 second latency. For Motion JPEG, this latency can be improved by using smaller (i.e. < 800x480) video buttons and/or reducing the frame rate of the server.
- It may take several presses to get the touch to register if attempting to use the "Dots During Boot" firmware rollback method. Firmware rollback is also available from the Setup Pages menu if needed.