HARMAN Celebrates 30th Anniversary of AMX Touch Panels with New, Streamlined Control and Room Scheduling Panel Lineup
October 24, 2018
Best of Modero Control and Acendo Book Scheduling Built Into Simple to Order, Competitively Priced, Five Model Lineup to Support Wide Ranging Customer Needs
NORTHRIDGE, California – Today, HARMAN Professional Solutions announced a new lineup of control and room scheduling interfaces from its legendary AMX family of products – the new AMX Modero G5 Touch Panels and AMX Acendo Book Room Scheduling Panels. To better serve its customers, AMX has completely refined its touch panel product lines to create a single, five model lineup that draws on the best features of its award-winning Modero X and Modero S control panels, Acendo Book room scheduling panels, and G5 and G4 processing engines.
The new lineup is designed to support the unique and widely ranging interface needs of corporate, education, government, hospitality, and large venue customers. Five product SKUs cleverly deliver customers their choice of the most popular configurations and screen sizes. The new models simplify ordering, support, and technical updates by offering customers a software-configurable choice of control or room scheduling functionality (7” and 10” wall mount models). The new touch panels are available in tabletop and wall mount models, with 7”, 10”, and 20” screen sizes.
“We are truly excited to consolidate the best features of our control and scheduling panel family into a single five model lineup,” said Michael Saadeh, HARMAN Professional Solutions Product Manager, Video and Control. “With this move, we are also able to enhance our interfaces with features like enterprise-grade security, powerful graphics processing, and the latest in capacitive touch screen technology - all at an industry leading value. We are proud to continue to drive industry innovation in workforce collaboration and meeting room functionality – and now from a single, user-configurable interface.”
- Key new and enhanced features include:
- User-configurable transformation to and from a Modero G5 control panel or an Acendo Book room scheduling panel with no programming or additional hardware required
- Enhanced capacitive touch screens delivering an exceptional user experience
- Enhanced side room availability LEDs that are nearly twice the current size for improved visibility
- Support for 802.1x and IPv6 to address enterprise network requirements for Acendo Book configurations
- For support of government and other sensitive applications, all of the new tabletop models do not include a microphone and all wall mount models may have their microphones disabled by software, physically detached, or both.
“For many of us that have literally grown up building AMX touch panels, we couldn’t be happier to share this news that also aligns with the 30th anniversary of the world's first touch panel by AMX in 1988,” said Shaun Robinson, HARMAN Professional Solutions, VP of Customer Solutions. “These new products underscore the mission we’ve had since day one - to build the smartest, most innovative, and most effective control and scheduling interfaces on the market, hands down. It’s clearly the reason why AMX continues to be the world’s most requested and respected brand to manage the top corporate, government, and education spaces.”
Details and Availability
We invite you to learn more about the new lineup of AMX control and room scheduling panels. For more information on the complete line of AMX corporate, education, and government-focused solutions, please visit amx.com.
- AMX Modero G5 Touch Panels (Tabletop 7”, 10” and 20” or Wall Mount 7” and 10”)
- AMX Acendo Book Scheduling Panels (Wall Mount 7” and 10”)
- Model Lineup